Sunday 7 October 2012

Week 9 Update + More



Wow these school holidays are CRAZY busy. I am just so tired by the time I come home I eat, sleep, wake, work, eat, sleep... etc etc. And we had our sleepover Friday just been, and I felt the best I have in ages! No sickness, pheeew. It's going away now, MS that is, and I am quite happy to see the end of it on the horizon. Yes, it also makes me worry that something has gone wrong, but I just need to push that to the back of my mind. No spotting, bleeding and still get other symptoms so I will be A-OK. :)

How Far Along? By scan dates today is 10 weeks. Double digits YAY!

How big is baby? Week 9 my baby is a little olive

How I'm feeling? Much better now, just so so tired! And missing a few things of non-pregnant life.

Weight? Unsure.

How I'm changing? My skin is in hate-me mode, so hormones are playing crazy games. Otherwise just slowly growing 

What I miss? Luncheon! OMG I want luncheon soooo bad. One those Ham & Chicken luncheon rolls, I could just eat one all up. Everytime a child at work has a ham sandwich I just want to cry. Also some shrimps and surimi wouldn't go a miss...

Symptoms?  Either loving or hating food and drink. Tired. Otherwise seem to be doing ok...

Aversions?  Hmm, just anything that smells strong. 

Meds? Same as before. 

Appts? Still the same: Midwife on 25th, and scan+bloods on 29th. Coming slooooowly...


Just as another thought, I am having trouble deciding when I want to tell people, I thought previous that once I hit 12 weeks I would do it. Then a few things popped up, like my mothers bday which will be at 11 weeks 2 days, and a staff party which will be at 11 weeks 6 days. 
However with my not having another appointment till 13 weeks I am much too scared incase I tell and at ultrasound they say "sorry we can't find a heartbeat" and I would publicly have to go through a miscarriage.
Aaargh decision decisions!

I have thought HOW i would like to tell people, I am planning to take a picture of DP hugging me from behind, with my top pulled up, and "Baby *last name* coming 2013" or "Coming soon" something along those lines, written on my belly. :) Then it's a little different to most people who post their 13 week scan and announce with that. I'd like to be different.

Writing this just reminded me of a funny story too. Last weekend I was feeling totally shattered on Friday night and just wanted bed. Fell asleep on the couch, woke myself up snoring (which I NEVER do so DP decided he had to record it), and was sweating like a mad man. DP was full of beans so I said to him to go out and enjoy a night without me lol. He carried me to bed and organised for his mates to come get him.
Skip to 4am and DP dragging himself into bed, and all I can see is his phone lighting up all over the place, but he was so tired he just left it till morning. Woke in morning and he was texting looking at me all confused/worried, turns out someone whom I don't like had text him and said 'Congratulations on baby' he text back pretending he knew nothing and asking who had told her I was pregnant, she told us who so DP text him. He then wondered what on earth we were on about as he hadn't told her that, I began to panic thinking "what the hell is going on!". Few hours later the guy who was blamed for telling her had found the issue, turns out that DP's friend he was with had told said guy that HIS partner is at home hormonal because she's pregnant. Said guy then mentioned it to a group and she thought they were referring to DP and myself. 
1) I breathed a huge relief and also giggled that they were so bang on but didn't even realise and 2) what a coincidence that both DP and his friend had hormonal gfs at home! I don't know the other pregnant women, and said guy didnt know how far along she is but she's not very far. I am happy DP had a friend he can turn to when we announce our news too. :) 

This is getting long, and I am getting hungry so I must go now. After next week I should be back to my blogging self, fingers crossed! :)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear that everything is going well and you are starting to feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i had the same thing - MS going away and at first was happy but then kind of freaked out! it's totally normal at 9/10 weeks to come and go or just go! i'd wait until your appointment, if it were me, because once i tell i suddenly feel more scared about the "what ifs" and would be feel better after an appointment. but i could see either way! good luck!

    ReplyDelete